A Stranger and Deep Sleep | Hem Bishwakarma



✍️Hem Bishwakarma


At night, while in deep sleep

Someone came and opened the head

And installed into it some filmy dreams!


Played with fingers,

Moved the lips across forehead as something penned

Unclothed me one after another

And cut a thread of the age short!


Placed the eyes into eyes and,

Let my heart have a tremendous dance in a hurricane!


Swayed my intimate parts

Gazed and gave a chuckle!


Left a deep breath inside me

Left a surprising sensation!


To the next chance,

Put all my clothes on, managed the coverlet,

Set the mosquito-net in order

And departed--the door shut

So gently that the sound would help not awake!


Neither could I solicit him for a talk

Nor ask for what he'd really done

Having a nap

Glued to each other in one quilt

Carrying each other's legs

Bonding the noses to listen to a course of breaths


I, then, touched myself

And got to know

It was I who a moment ago

Keeping myself in a deep sleep

Had a trip of a night!


First published in The Gorkha Times on Dec 6, 2020


Hem Bishwakarma is a poet and translator based in Itahari. His works have been published in different national and international journals and magazines.

Post a Comment

0 Comments